Clinical Supervision is now recognised as an important skill in its own right. It is now a professional expectation that supervisors will have completed a training in this important professional role. Our 12 session comprehensive course gives you the skills, knowledge and confidence you need to start your own supervisory practice.This course has been awarded an Advanced Specialist Training status by the National Counselling Society.
This Advanced Specialist Diploma (Level 6 equivalent) and is aimed at qualified counsellors wishing interested in developing and expanding their current practice to become trained supervisors.
Heartwood’s theoretical approach presented on the course is Integrative and Holistic. We will look at integrating models, techniques, theories and a range of modalities that suit the individual client. Whilst working on developing relationship skills which will aid therapeutic work.
On this course we will be using the Hawkins and Shohet’s Seven Eyed Process Model, Kolb’s Learning Styles, Stoltenberg (McNeill) & Delworth’s Integrated Developmental Model and John Heron’s Six Category Intervention Analysis.
We will focus on providing a safe and non-judgemental environment in which to practice new skills and techniques to enhance current practice and develop confidence in working in psychotherapy.
The course delivery is through experiential and didactic learning designed to inspire and engender confidence in students to work as clinical supervisors.
The course runs fortnightly (10am – 4.30pm) for 12 sessions.
This Diploma is aimed at professionals who have been working in the counselling field for a number of years and who wish to add supervision to their professional practice.
You will spend time exploring the roles and purpose of supervision, and whilst in training you will supervise your own supervisees.
The training explores the supervisory relationship and you will learn how to practice supervision creatively and with an awareness of the power balance inherent in the profession.
Your training will prepare you to work as a supervisor in a range of settings, including private practice, and equip you with the techniques and skills required to be a successful, professional supervisor.
As with all Heartwood courses this training is delivered in a creative and experiential way giving each student individual support to embrace all aspects of the training.
This course has Advanced Specialist training status with the National Counselling Society (NCS).
This is a course of 12 sessions.
The course will be delivered at the Heartwood Centre on the Dartington Estate, over 12 class room based sessions.
We create a supportive learning environment here at Heartwood and will guide learners through their studies.
Suitable for people who have completed the Level 4 Advanced Diploma in Counselling and a Level 5 Advanced Specialist Diploma. The training focuses on clinical supervision rather than managerial supervision and this course is therefore best suited to Counselling Supervisors.
Heartwood students have access to outdoor and indoor light and warm recreational spaces with seating for break times and its own refreshment making facilities.
Please click on the below link to view and download the course calendar for upcoming courses:
- New date to be announced: to register your interest without obligation, please click here
Completion of a Level 4 Diploma in Counselling (or equivalent) with 450 supervised hours of counselling clients, plus two years post-qualifying experience.
Completed a Level 5 Diploma (or equivalent) or foundation degree in Counselling or Psychotherapy plus one years post-qualifying experience.
An interview with a tutor or the principal is not a requirement, but is available on request.
Further advancing our counselling skills, personal and professional development, we will specialise in:
- Effectiveness and critical reflection of the role of clinical supervision
- Impact of self-awareness on supervisory relationship
- Importance of ongoing self-development and reflection
- Accountability for well-being and development of supervisee and supervisee’s clients
- Boundaries and stages of supervision relationship
- Challenge personal issues, fears and prejudices
- Psychological impact of client material on personal well-being
This course specialises in the following:
- Ethical framework & code of conduct
- Theoretical models & concepts
- Giving and receiving feedback
- Supervision practice triads
- Therapy contracts
- Supervisee’s perspective, methods to accommodate needs and developmental level
- Continuing professional development (CPD) pathways
- Working within limits of own proficiency, competence and efficacy
- Difference, Diversity & Inclusion
The course requires the following:
- A minimum of 85% attendance on tuition days
- Engagement with course work, assignments, classroom activities and experiential exercises.
- Completion of a learning journal
- Demonstration of practical skills
- Completion of the external case review
- Evidence of supervision practice (15 hours)
- Audio recording of yourself in supervision practice (created in class)
- Supervision and completion of supervisors proficiency statement (5 hours)
- Practice proficiency assessment
Full course fee £1475.
Your place on the course is only secured on receipt of the non-refundable deposit of £395:
- The outstanding balance of £1080 can then be made in full before the course start date.
- A monthly payment plan is available at £365* for 3 months *(This includes a monthly administration fee of £5.00 for instalment payments).
Register your interest
To register your interest in this course without obligation, please click here
To enrol on this course, please select your payment method below and then select ‘Buy now’ to proceed.