The government has announced all remaining students can return to in-person teaching and learning from next week.
As such, we are delighted to be able to welcome students on our attendance-based courses back to the classroom from Monday, May 17th.
Each of our classrooms in Devon and London have had a deep clean ahead of students’ return, with our Devon classrooms having had a facelift and a new additional classroom also available.
We are of course still following government guidelines and have measures in place to minimise risks to our students and staff.
These measures include:
- Following social distancing guidelines that advise distancing of 1 metre plus and 2 metres wherever possible.
- Students, tutors and staff to wear face masks at all times, unless seated.
- Classroom windows will be open during training to provide additional ventilation.
- A hand sanitising station is provided, with wipes and sprays for cleaning equipment and surfaces as required.
- Group sizes are limited to ensure we are easily able to maintain and oversee safe working distance and safe working practices.
- On arrival, students will undergo COVID screening to assess safety and vulnerability; we reserve the right to ask someone not to attend if they are considered a risk to other participants.
- We are engaging with the NHS Test and Trace process, as a response to any infection, and will contain any outbreak by following local health protection team advice.
We are strongly recommending that our attendance-based students and tutors participate in regular rapid COVID-19 tests if they do not have symptoms – this is because around 1 in 3 people with COVID-19 do not have symptoms but can still infect others.
If a student or staff member tests positive they must inform us and self-isolate in line with government guidance. Students must not attend face-to-face training if they have coronavirus symptoms.
Anyone who develops coronavirus symptoms while on site will be sent home to begin self-isolation and advised to have a test as soon as possible.
We have provided staff and students with further information regarding rapid testing.