We have moved to Step 4 of the roadmap in England, which means that as of Monday, 19th July 2021, most coronavirus restrictions have been lifted. However, the risk of increased numbers of COVID-19 cases remains high.
We therefore feel that we should continue to act with caution and safety measures will remain in place at both the centre in Dartington and the centre in London to continue to minimise risks to our students and staff and to ensure we are doing all we can to keep us all as safe as possible:
- Following social distancing guidelines that advise distancing of 1 metre plus and 2 metres wherever possible.
- Students, tutors and staff are strongly recommended to wear face masks at all times, unless seated.
- Classroom windows will be open during training to provide additional ventilation.
- Continue hand sanitising and cleaning surfaces as required.
- Group sizes remain limited to ensure we are easily able to maintain and oversee safe working distance and safe working practices.
- We continue to engage with the NHS Test and Trace process, as a response to any infection, and will contain any outbreak by following local health protection team advice.
We would still strongly recommend that our attendance-based students and tutors participate in regular rapid COVID-19 tests if they do not have symptoms – this is because around 1 in 3 people with COVID-19 do not have symptoms but can still infect others.
Please note, Regent’s Conferences and Events (London), are – for the foreseeable future – continuing with their requirement of a negative lateral flow test result from visitors within 72 hours of their visit. If you have any queries, please contact Regent’s Conferences and Events directly on +44 (0) 207 487 7540 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Further information on obtaining and carrying out regular COVID rapid lateral flow tests is available at: https://www.gov.uk/order-coronavirus-rapid-lateral-flow-tests.
If a student or staff member tests positive they must inform us and self-isolate in line with government guidance. Students must not attend face-to-face training if they have coronavirus symptoms.
Anyone who develops coronavirus symptoms while on site will be sent home to begin self-isolation and advised to have a test as soon as possible.
We reserve the right to ask someone not to attend if they are considered a risk to other participants.
We would like to take this opportunity to thank all our students, tutors and support staff for their efforts and support in following the guidance during this time.
We’re here if you have any questions regarding our COVID measures and we hope these measures will continue to keep us all safe.
Best wishes and stay safe,
The Heartwood Team